Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

Well its the start of a another new year and the start to another new job. After three and a half years in Wisconsin, we find ourselves in Nebraska. It was very hard leaving all the friends we made there behind but I know there are many new friends here in Columbus that we just haven't met yet.
I haven't posted in a while due to all the packing, moving and regular holiday hubbub that comes along every year. But we made the move without incident and are getting nicely settled into our new apartment. I need to take a moment to remember my daughter Annette. One year ago yesterday, the Lord called her home. There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't grieve her passing. I miss her so much. She was so special in so many ways. She was challenged, but never submitted to her challenges, she never gave in and she never gave up. Things for her in this life were never going to be the way she imagined them, they were never going to be the way she longed for them to be but that never stopped her from dreaming that some day her dreams would come true. She was just shy of her thirty-second birthday and left two young sons behind. But she left them with her mom. They will be well cared for and loved. Annette, you did your job. Your dreams did come true and now you can rest from your labors in the loving arms of your Lord and Savior. I know you accepted Jesus into your life and I know in my heart that He has taken you into His care. I am happy for you honey.

1 comment:

Watson said...

She is remembered and loved by many of us Joe - just as you & Mel are in our hearts.